Red Queen Inc. (the “Company” or “we”) shall administer the personal information you supply (defined below) in accordance with the following policy statement.
The term “personal information”, as stipulated in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Act”), shall mean information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual (the “Personal Information”) as follows:
– any information that can be used to indicate an individual’s identity, such as name, date of birth, etc.
– any information that is linked or linkable to an individual, such as email address, user ID, password, credit card information, etc.
– any information which, combined with other identifying information, can identify an individual, such as hobbies, family members, age, etc.
Handling of Cookie IDs and IP Addresses
We do not define cookie IDs and IP addresses as Personal Information because they do not, by themselves, provide personally identifiable information. However, there may be cases in which such information may be used in association with previously provided Personal Information.
Users (the “Customers” or “you”) can choose “Clear browsing data” or “Do not accept cookies” in his/her browser preferences, but this may, in some cases, prevent them from accessing certain features of our website or services.
Compliance with Legislation
The Company shall comply with the Act and this policy with respect to the acquisition, use, and handling of Personal Information.
If individual website policy provisions concerning the supplying of Personal Information, or notifications given individually at the time of supplying said information, contradict provisions in this policy, the latter shall prevail.
Acquisition and Utilization of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire Personal Information through appropriate means, and utilize it only for the purposes set forth below.
In the event that the Company wishes to use such information for purposes other than those specified below, the Company shall make a separate announcement or send notification when collecting the information.
[Personal Information of Customers]
- to provide Customers with services (the “Services”);
- to provide Services and support for purchased products, and notifications of campaigns and questionnaires;
- to provide information on the products and Services which the Company and its partner companies (the “Partners”) sell and provide;
- to establish statistical data regarding the use of our Services, which does not involve the specification of individual identities;
- to prevent usage of the Services which could violate the Terms set forth separately by the Company regarding use of the Services; and
- to confirm and respond to inquiries from Customers.
[Personal Information of job applicants]
- communication with job applicants;
- reference material relevant to whether the applicant meets the job requirements; and
- statistical material for future recruiting activities.
The Company shall establish a retention period for Personal Information, sufficient for its purpose of use, and shall delete or discard all Personal Information, via appropriate methods, after the expiration of this period or fulfillment of the purpose of use.
Safety Control Measures
The Company shall take sufficient and appropriate safety control measures to ensure the security of Personal Information against the risk of loss, destruction, or leakage, while also striving to improve these measures.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The Company shall not, except in the following cases, disclose or provide Personal Information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the individual in question:
- where it is necessary for the Company to fulfill legal obligations imposed on business entities, etc.;
- where the Company has judged that it is appropriate for the Company or the Partner to handle the content of an inquiry;
- where disclosure is required by a court, prosecutor’s office, police, bar association, consumer center, or other similar institution, entity, or individual;
- where there is due course, such as for the protection of the life, property, honor, or credit of the Company, the individual supplying Personal Information, or third parties;
- where the Personal Information is used in a way that does not reveal the individual’s identity;
- where disclosure/provision is permitted by legislation or regulations, and
- where notification or announcement is directly made of the following information in advance:
- the purpose of use includes provision to third parties;
- the title of information to be provided to third parties;
- the method of providing the information to third parties; and
- the provision may be canceled at the request of the information owner.
The following cases do not constitute the provision of Personal Information to third parties:
- where the Company entrusts a third party with the handling of Personal Information, in whole or in part, within the scope of the purpose of use;
- where Personal Information is provided as part of a business transfer due to company merger, etc.; and
- where there is joint use of the Personal Information with specified third parties, if the principal is notified of, or easily able to know, the fact of such joint use, the specific nature of the information, the parties jointly using the information, the purposes of use by said parties, and the name of the third-party person(s) responsible for controlling the information.
Public Announcement of Matters Related to Personal Information
The Company shall provide an environment which enables Customers to be informed of the following matters related to Personal Information, and shall swiftly answer any request by an individual Customer.
Matters defined by the Act as not necessary to be announced do not fall under these provisions. A decision, on the part of the Company, not to comply with such a request shall be announced to the said Customer without delay.
- Purposes of use of Personal Information
- Contact person for handling Personal Information
Correction of Personal Information
In cases where the Company is requested by a Customer to make a correction/deletion of, or addition to their Personal Information (collectively the “Corrections”) on the ground that such Personal Information is contrary to the fact, the Company shall, without delay, make sufficient investigation within the scope necessary for the purpose of use, and on the basis of the result, make such Corrections, unless otherwise specified by the Act or other laws or regulations.
Discontinuance of Use
In cases where the Company is requested by a Customer to discontinue using or erase (the “Discontinuance, etc.”) Personal Information under the Act, on the ground that such Personal Information is being handled beyond the purpose of use announced in advance, or has been acquired by deception or other wrongful means, the Company shall, without delay, make sufficient investigation, discontinue the use of such Personal Information, and notify the Customer thereof. However, if the Discontinuance is deemed by the Company to be excessively high in cost or difficult to implement, and if alternative measures for protecting the interest of said Customer are available, the Company may take such alternative measures.
Supervision of Employees and Trustees
The Company shall ensure proper management of Personal Information by appointing administrators for individual departments which handle such Personal Information.
Only properly trained and authorized officers and employees of the Company may have access to Personal Information.
There may be cases where the Company entrusts the handling of Personal Information to a third party within the scope of the purpose.
In such cases, the Company shall sufficiently and appropriately obligate and supervise the third party in ensuring security control of the Personal Information, by way of a contract, etc.
The Company shall continuously strive to improve its handling of Personal Information, through the establishment and review of internal regulations, and implementation of training programs.
We may revise this statement according to changes in relevant laws and regulations or environment. Please check this page regularly to be aware of any such changes.
If you have any questions, please contact:
8F Lattice Aoyama Square,1-2-6Minamiaoyama, Minato Ward, Tokyo, 107-0062 Japan